On December 21 the Thai government suddenly announced an immediate suspension of the ‘test and go’ program. Please find full Thailand Pass annoucement below.
• Test & Go scheme will be temporarily suspended from 22 December 2020 at 00.00 hrs (Thailand time)
• For the Sandbox programme, only the Phuket Sandbox (only hotels in Phuket) will be open for registration.
• For applicants who have already been approved under the Test & Go or Sandbox program, the QR Code remains valid for travel into Thailand.
• For applicants who have registered but have not received the QR Code, your application is in the approval process and will be notified of the result accordingly.
• Effective immediately, all travelers entering Thailand through Test & Go or Sandbox scheme must undergo a second RT-PCR lab test at a government designated venue (cost to be borne by the Thai Government).
• After 00.00 hrs (22 December 2021) all travelers entering Thailand must register under the Alternative Quarantine (AQ) scheme (except those entering Phuket may register through Phuket Sandbox or Alternative Quarantine).
Status of your applications using our service
- If your QR code is approved, you can travel as planned
- If we submitted your application before the deadline, the government will consider it for approval.
- If you did not send us the required documents, we could not apply for you without them.
- If your documents had issues which we asked you to correct and you didn’t send them to us in time, unfortunately we could not apply for you with incomplete documents.
Please understand that this was a last minute decision by the Thai government that we had no control over. Please also understand that we could not submit your application if you never sent us your documents, or if you sent wrong documents, and did not correct them after we notified you.
What options are available to enter Thailand now without quarantine?
Government will review the situation again on January 4th and MAY bring back test and go. If your travel dates are later in January or further, we suggest to wait for any developments – this is only meant to be temporary according to the government.
Only PHUKET SANDBOX remains open as of today. Requirements for Phuket Sandbox are as following
- Fly directly into Phuket (not transit in Bangkok)
- Must be fully vaccinated
- Have a SHA+ hotel pre-booked for 7 nights (or duration of your trip if less than 7 nights)
- Take a PCR covid test on arrival and again on Day 6
- Once negative result on Day 1 is received you are free to move around Phuket.
- Once negative result of second PCR test are received you are free move to other parts of Thailand (after spending full 7 nights in Phuket)
- Thailand Pass will be required for enter Phuket Sandbox
If you were planning to enter via Bangkok, changing to Phuket Sandbox is a good alternative. If you would like us to apply for your Thailand Pass for Phuket Sandbox, we are happy to do so free of charge
Credit to apply / reapply for Thailand Pass in the future
Again, we hope you understand that this government decision was completely out of our control and we can’t be responsible for it. When you submit your request to use our Thailand Pass service, we have to incur costs on our end – marketing cost (for you to find our service online) and our staff have to spend time reviewing your documents, following up any wrong/missing documents etc.
If we were not able to apply for your Thailand pass for reasons outside of our control (you not sending us required documents in time and government policy change) we will issue you a credit to apply for your Thailand pass in the future. This credit will have no expiration date, can be used at anytime.
We tried our best to help everyone who booked our service.
If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out via [email protected]